For Prospective International Students
This is a unique program organized by Kanazawa University (KU) and Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (RISTEKDIKTI). Please see below for more information about the program.
The program is for the lecturers of Indonesian universities and researchers in institutes in the Republic of Indonesia who presently hold a Master’s degree and would like to pursue a doctoral degree at KU. The program runs for 36 or 48 months, depending on the field of study, and it is entirely sponsored by BUDI-LN scholarship (Beasiswa Unggulan Dosen Indonesia Luar Negeri). Applicants will be selected and matched with academic supervisor by the graduate schools at KU, then undergo separate interviews by RISTEKDIKTI and the academic supervisor. Upon successfully completing all processes, applicants will be admitted to KU as graduate students in the doctoral course.
We are sure that the doctoral course at KU will stimulate your academic ability and expand your horizons. We look forward to receiving your application and hope to welcome you to our beautiful campus.
This information is only for October 2017 admission. If you plan to apply for the admission in October 2018, please wait until the next call for application. We will schedule and arrange the Call for Application for October 2018 around this time next year. This homepage will be updated accordingly at that time.
- An individual who is eligible for BUDI-LN scholarship for the Year 2017 (see http://budi.ristekdikti.go.id/web/ for information: follow their latest instruction closely.)
- An individual who is currently employed as a lecturer at an Indonesian university.
- An individual whose English fluency is around the IELTS score of 6.0 or better by the application deadline. This equates to TOEFL PBT 550 (iBT 80). Those with lower scores will also be considered for matching, but final acceptance will depend on the successful selection for BUDI-LN scholarship.
- An individual who meets all requirements set by Kanazawa University for the eligibility to apply to KU Graduate School as a doctorate student (see http://www.adm.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/ie/e/abroad/guideline.html for the complete list of eligibility requirements)
- An individual who is physically and mentally healthy.
The eligibility for Kanazawa University is a separate matter from the eligibility to BUDI-LN scholarship. Please be informed that you must be eligible for both, and you must successfully complete the application and be selected for both. BE SURE TO APPLY FOR BUDI-LN SCHOLARSHIP 2017!! (http://beasiswa.dikti.go.id)
If you are willing to apply to the Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, please use THIS LINK.
If you are willing to apply to the Graduate School of Human and Socio-Environmental Studies, please use THIS LINK.
Please choose up to three faculty members of Kanazawa University whose research theme corresponds with your research topic and who can supervise you during the coursework as your adviser. Choosing more than one faculty members widens your chance of being matched with a right supervisor. Later in the application process, you will be asked to name them to request to be your supervisor.
You do not have to contact the supervisor directly until later in the selection process. KU will contact you when the selection has progressed enough.
Deadline: February 10, 2017
GO TO KU ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
After you submit the Online Application Form, you will receive an automated reply to the registered e-mail address. The reply message will contain important instructions and links to other application documents. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Deadline for Document Submission: February 17, 2017
Required documents are listed below as well as in the automated reply e-mail. Prepare the documents and submit them by the deadline, as e-mail attachments.
1. Diploma for Bachelor’s Degree
2. Diploma for Master’s Degree (If any)
3. Official Transcript for Undergraduate Course Work
4. Official Transcript for Master’s Course Work (If any)
5. Abstract of Master’s Thesis or Another Work of Equivalent Volume and Quality
6. Proof of English Proficiency
7. Kanazawa University International Exchange Student Inquiry Form (Including Research Proposal)
8. Research Performance Questionnaire
Download links for the Inquiry Form  and Questionnaire  appear in the e-mail message you will receive after submitting the online application.
*1-4 should be translated in English or Japanese.
December 26, 2016 to February 10, 2017
Indonesian scholarship candidates can register online for application to October 2017 Admission to Kanazawa University.
February 17, 2017
Deadline for submitting required documents to Kanazawa University.
Late February, 2017 to May 12, 2017
Kanazawa University will screen and match the applicants. Also, there will be an interview by the academic adviser. Those who are successfully selected and pass the interview will be issued a LOA.
From July 2017
Preparations to come to Japan in October.
- Kanazawa University Website
- General Information for International Student
- Mailing Address for International Postal Mail
Address: Global Affairs Division, Kanazawa University
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192